The Office of Continuing & Professional Education (CPE) in the School of Education and Human Development at the University of Colorado Denver provides a wide array of courses, and professional development tailored to meet the professional development needs of the education community.
- Off-Campus: Continuing & Professional Education (CPE) provides a wide array of courses, workshops, and training that are tailored to meet your professional development needs. Courses are located in convenient off-campus locations that are accessible to working education professionals.
- Flexible. CPE provides professional development credit in flexible formats suited to your time commitments. Courses are offered face-to-face, online, or as a hybrid (half online and half face-to-face). Our offerings include courses developed by CU Denver faculty and in collaboration with external partners. Partner courses are reviewed by CU Denver faculty to ensure that each course provides the academic rigor you have come to expect from us.
- Affordable. We offer affordable and competitive tuition rates that are tailored to your educational goals and financial needs. Tuition ranges from $36/unit for CEUs to $105-$360/credit for degree-transferable credit. Please contact our office for the most up-to-date information.
- Alternative Teacher Licensure
- Critical Pedagogy M.A.
- Education & Human Development M.A.
- Student-teacher Residency Program
- Endorsements & Certifications in over 10 areas of specialty
EARLY CHILDHOOD PROFESSIONALS
- Stackable Professional Development Program (Micro-Credentials)
- Certification in Early Childhood Leadership (Buell Foundation)
- Infant & Toddler Autism
- Early Literacy
- Early Childhood Coaching
- M.A. in ECE (Mile-Hi Early Learning and Boulder Journey)
- Early Childhood Educator Coaching Certificate
PROFESSIONAL LEADER EDUCATION
- School Library Professional Development
- Highly Effective School Library Certificate
- M.A. in Teacher Librarian Leadership
- Board Certified Behavior Analysis Certificate (towards official Certification of School Counseling)
- School Counseling Endorsement
- Post-doctoral online teaching certificate
- Pedagogical Practices for Large University Courses
STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS ACROSS COLORADO
- Aurora Public Schools
- Boulder Journey School
- Buell Foundation
- Denver Public Schools
- National Park Service
- Stanley British Primary School
- Teach For America
- Mile-High Early Learning